Sleep is essential for the renewal of our mind, body and soul. Try these simple tips for a good sound sleep:
- Avoid stimulants in the evening.
- Eat and drink no later than three hours before bed.
- Go to bed before 10pm in a dark, quiet room and switch off phones and wifi in the room.
- Progressively relax each body part after you get into bed.
- Keep a notepad and pen next to the bed. If you have thoughts running through your mind or things you need to remember, write them down so you can remember and address them the next day.
- Try calming teas such as passion flower, chamomile and lemon balm.
- Place a drop of lavender essential oil on the sole of your feet. Just one drop.
- Place a drop of lavender essential oil on a tissue and place it under your pillow.