We need food to fuel us and provide our energy throughout the day hence it is vital to sustaining our bodies. Food has the power to help the body heal. It also has the power to acidify the body and cause inflammation, which leads to disease. My challenge to people is to think about what food they are consuming. Is your food life giving? Is your food helping to heal your body? If not, what small changes can you make today to help nurture and nourish your body?
- swapping one cup of coffee for a cup of herbal tea
- drinking an extra glass of water while you wait for the kettle to boil for your cup of tea
- swap afternoon biscuits for a small handful of almonds, walnuts and goji berries
- adding layers of vegetables like sweet potato, eggplant and capsicum to your lasagne
- make your own chia puddings for dessert (chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract, almond milk) rather than eating sugary desserts